Documentation & Downloads
The MR Series from B&K Precision are a range of high voltage multi-range DC power supplies consisting of 250 V (BK MR25080), 500 V (BK MR50040), and 1000 V (BK MR100020) models producing 5 kW of clean output power in a compact 2U form factor.
Models of the MR Series:
MR25080 Max Output Voltage = 250 V Max Output Current = 80 A
MR50040 Max Output Voltage = 500 V Max Output Current = 40 A
MR100020 Max Output Voltage = 1000 V Max Output Current = 20 A
All models in the series offer a maximum output power of 5000W.
Besides being ideally suited for bench use it is equally as well suited for automated test system applications.
Firstly for benchtop applications, this series offers an intuitive user interface for list mode programming and slew rate adjustments directly from the front panel. A system integrator would hugely benefit from fast command response times, excellent regulation, and low noise characteristics.
This series supports USB, GPIB, LXI compliant LAN as well as analog interfaces for remote control and programming. Due to the provided LabVIEWTM, IVI-C, and IVI.NET drivers system development is simplfied even further.
Furthermore with the built-in SAS (solar array simulator) function users are easily able to generate PV (photovoltaic) I-V curves for testing solar inverters.
Finally the additional but optional SAS software is available for simulating the I-V curve of different arrays under various weather and irradiance conditions.
Features of the BK MR Series
- Output up to 1000 V or 80 A
- Multi-ranging operation, capable of replacing multiple fixed-range power supplies
- 2U form factor saves rack space
- Convenient single-phase AC input configuration
- Fast command response time (10 ms)
- Standard USB (USBTMC-compliant), RS232, GPIB, and LXI compliant LAN interfaces
- Galvanically isolated analog control and monitoring interface
- Overvoltage protection (OVP), overcurrent protection (OCP), overpower protection (OPP), overtemperature protection (OTP), foldback protection mode, and key-lock function
- Adjustable voltage and current slope (rise and fall time)
- Internal list mode programming
- Built-in SAS (Solar Array Simulator) function to generate PV (photovoltaic) I-V curves
- Parallel operation for increased output power
- Control up to 30 power supplies from one PC
- Remote Sense to compensate for voltage drop
- Soft panel software is included for remote control, test sequence generation, and data logging
- cTUVus certification mark complies with UL and CSA safety standards
Metrix Electronics Ltd is an authorised distributor for B&K Precision Inc and we have a full range of BK Precision portable test and measurement equipment available to buy online today.